Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Plots

I realize I've been remiss in my blogger duties lately. It has been such a chaotic time that I don't know where to begin. So, I'll begin with coffee. Just a second, let me grab a cup. I'm at an internet cafe in Taipei. I had purchased a carton of Fresh Caramel Pudding Milk, but, as I'm sure you're aware, you can only drink so much caramel pudding milk before you can't take even one more sip.

Since I last wrote I...
...spent about 2 weeks with my mother and family.
...spent a lot of money on stuff I thought I might need in Taiwan.
...had a tearful goodbye with my sweet puppy.
...left my mother at the airport in Spokane.
...flew to Seattle.
...had an informative conversation with a Vietnamese man in the Seattle airport about his experiences in the Vietnam War.
...flew to Tiapei. The seats were very cramped, and I was next to the bathroom.
...struggled with a taxi driver to find my new apartment.
...drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of fatty meat.
...watched the South Africa vs. Australia rugby match.
...took a bus to Taipei for training.
...have experienced total communication breakdown several times.
have had training stalled for 2 days because of typhoons.

That brings us up to today. This was a barebones plot of these past few weeks. Margaret Atwood wrote a short story called Happy Endings. In it she says, "That's about all that can be said about plots, which anyway are just one thing after another, a what and a what and a what.

Now try How and Why."