Thursday, August 05, 2004

Odds are 10 to 1 in my favor

It seems that a chapter of my life is ending. I've quit my job, said my goodbyes, reserved my U-Haul and packed my life into boxes. I will leave for Spokane early Friday morning to spend some time with my family before taking off for Taiwan.

In numerology, 10 is considered the number of completion. It is the end. By adding the numbers in 10, however, you come up with 1, which is the beginning. Therefore, every ending is also a beginning.

It does not make farewells any easier, however. I cherish the many relationships I've established in Billings, and it is difficult to imagine what life will be like without them. They have provided support, laughter and occasional honest feedback. I will miss my friends, and ex-family, in Billings. It is tempting to look backward for awhile, and I anticipate doing a lot of reminiscing about the people and memories I've treasured.

The gifts I've received from my Billings friends will not be forgotten. I'm beginning my new life now. I will be in Taiwan in a little over a week. I have an exciting job and a new life of adventures awaiting me. I wonder what the future holds. I guess only time will tell.

Farewell, my friends. "Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home