Friday, July 23, 2004

Pup Goes the Weasel

My wonderful companion and friend, Yoshi, spent a few days at her daddy's house. I just picked her up, and have taken her to a new house, with new furniture, new people and new smells. We will be staying here until we leave town in early August. For those who are unaware, Yoshi is a Japanese Chin who is practically the only "possession" I took with me when I moved out of my home a couple months back. As I watch her roaming around her new environment, I am amused and inspired by her routine. In the past hour, she has attempted to explore behind and under each piece of furniture. She has gone upstairs, then downstairs at least 4 times. She has sniffed and attempted to eat various little particles she has found on the floors. She has also licked their books and stood in the middle of their dining room table. Playwright Patrick Shanley once said, "Almost everyone you see, meet, talk to...is asleep. Only a few of us are wide awake, and we live in a constant state of amazement." I hope to one day be as awake as my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home